The District Nursing Service provides care for patients unable to attend the GP practice. The service will assess, plan and provide the most appropriate care within the patient’s own home.
The service aims to:
- Provide a 24 hour district nursing service
- Promote patient independence
- Plan district nursing input with the patient, their carers and other appropriate health and social care professionals
- Teach and support patients and their carers to provide aspects of nursing care where appropriate
- Promote ongoing health education
- Work in partnership with other health and social care professionals
The District Nurse direct phone number (with answer machine) is 228 7503. Any emergencies between 4.30pm – 8am should be directed to NHS 24 on 08454 24 24 24.